If you’re concerned about the health of your joints, your skin, your hair, or your nails, you’ve probably heard about hydrolyzed collagen.
But is hydrolyzed collagen really going to make a noticeable difference to help improve the health of your skin, joints, hair, and nails?
What is hydrolyzed collagen (HC)?
Hydrolyzed collagen is collagen that is either derived from fish scales, bones, and skin or bovine bone and cartilage. Whether bovine or fish, the bones, scales, or skin is crushed, ground, defatted, soaked in acid to remove the calcium, soaked again to break the collagen bonds and then dehydrated. This process results in small, intact amino acids which have not been damaged and can be used to boost collagen in humans.
When taken as a supplement, these amino acids are quickly absorbed into the bloodstream, and are used as the building blocks of new collagen. HC contains 8 out of 9 essential amino acids, including glycine and arginine. Collagen is the building block of the skin and the joints, as well as the hair and nails. Without healthy amounts of collagen, it’s easy for the skin to age, joints to wear, hair to thin and nails to crack.
Taking hydrolyzed collagen is one of the best ways to protect and support your skin, joints, hair, and nails.
Common Names for Hydrolyzed Collagen
- Collagen hydrolysate
- Hydrolyzed gelatin
- Hydrolyzed gelatin(e) collagen
- Collagen peptides
- Hydrolyzed Collagen Protein
- Hydrolyzed Collagen Peptides
What are the benefits of hydrolyzed collagen?
- Hydrolyzed collagen is bioavailable, meaning it gets into the cells where you want them to go very quickly.
- Within six hours, there’s a 90% absorption rate into the cartilage and the skin.
- Taking 4 to 10 grams of HC creates better skin elasticity, increased moisture in the skin, lessens the depth of wrinkles and smooths out the skin’s look (in about two months).
- When it is consumed, it increases the cells that produce collagen in the skin plus the cells that make new bone cells.
- When the joints receive HC, they get the primary nutrient needed to rebuild them which aides in joint pain relief.
- Sports and workouts take a toll on the body by breaking down muscle proteins and bone cells. In one study, athletes noticed benefits after taking 10 grams of HC daily for six months.
- Hydrolyzed collagen supplements can also act as a sunscreen, protecting your skin from UVA and UVB damaging rays.
The future of hydrolyzed collagen
Consumer interest in HC has exploded in recent years due to a growing body of research that suggests it has powerful anti-aging properties for skin, bone, and joints. It is well known that collagen is an important building block for the body’s connective tissues, helping them maintain their strength and elasticity.
Hydrolyzed collagen is supported by scientific research and incorporating it into your diet can be beneficial to your health.
Increasing Hydrolyzed Collagen
Hydrolyzed collagen supplements such as JVOOV™ Fish Collagen make it easy to increase the amount of hydrolyzed collagen you have available for your skin, joints, hair, and nails.
With this simple formula, you get 4,000mg of hydrolyzed collagen in an easy to drink, concentrated formula that mixes easily with water. JVOOV™ Fish Collagen was developed to help support the skin, joints, hair, and nails as it quickly increases collagen available throughout the body.
To learn more about JVOOV™ Fish Collagen, visit here
Note: references for scientific studies http://collagencomplete.com/studies/